Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday Letter!

Well, things this week went alright. We had a baptism like I said! It was really exciting, but since I wasn't there from the beginning to see Mike progress, I wasn't too invested in it. But still! It's another Brother! Also this week, we met Dre. Dre is such a stud. We met him when we stopped to chat with the Belchers (a crazy awesome family I have to tell you about). He was just stopping by and Elder Done and I just shared a few thoughts and asked for his phone and address. Standard procedure. Unfortunately, his phone doesn't have minutes right now (which happens a LOT out here), and he just moved so he didn't know his address (a likely story). So we just asked where we could meet and he said he'd be at the library at such-and-such time. I, being the greenie that I am, was super excited to see him. But Elder Done has had too much experience with people not showing up to meetings, so he had like no faith that he was gonna show. So we were walking up to the library, and we see somebody standing at the entrance. I squinted. "That's not Dre." I see a huge smile appear on his face. "That's definitely Dre." So we sat down and taught him the first three lessons. No big deal. And then we asked him if he would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by one holding the Priesthood authority. He was hesitant at first, but then he just got this convicted look on his face, "You know what? Yeah. When do we do this? Can we pick a date now?" I can tell he's really trying to make a change in his life. He's been through some tough stuff, being from Harlem.

No comments:

Post a Comment